Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Prayer of St. Francis

I refuse to take something that isn't mine.

I refuse to achieve my successes through personal degradation.

What I'm going to maintain, I will maintain through the abandonment of a dishonorable gain.

I will avoid slander and infamy.

I will pay my price, and i will learn from this.

Victory would be sweeter this way.

I will have faith in myself.

I will be strong.

I will have faith and respect in the truth.

I've never pretended before, I wouldn't pretend now.

I have consoled, I have understood, I have offered freedom, I have shared, I have grown,
And I would continue to do so.

I will have faith. I will have faith in God, I will have faith in me.

Lord,
Make me an instrument of your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, union;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek,
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love with all my soul.

For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

No comments: