Monday, March 03, 2008

Change

I moved house.

I quit my job.

Now seems to be a time of great change for me. Yes, I've changed jobs many times, moved house even more times. Normally it's job then house. But this time feels different. This time it's the other way around. And this time... feels like I'm setting up roots. Well, I hope this feeling is a premonition for greater, better things.

Perhaps it's consolidating. I'm not sure how to put it. I just know that the time is right, and I'm stabilising myself. How do I know this? I see the signs, and my heart feels at peace. For the first time in a very long while.

I've prayed for this moment for many years. And through my mistakes and my many trials and errors, I think I roughly know where I stand now. As I was telling a friend, I feel God's guiding hands making this decision in terms of career path. It would be a lot of hard work, but hopefully the lessons learnt will be the ones that guide me in future undertakings.

After all, nothing in life worth having comes easy, no? We all have our crosses to bear. And really, I have come to understand that God, in infinite Wisdom, never gives us more than we can carry at any one time. How did I come to understand this? Slowly.... over many bitter episodes, and much contemplation over many years.

So yes, I'm still running the good race, still keeping the good faith. It's a long way to go yet, and I've barely just begun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything! new job, new house, new beginnings yes? :) all the best babes

nemesis-on-fire said...

yeah... apparently now, new country too!