Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kate & Leopold: The Myth and The Rainbow

I watched Kate and Leopold again.

Now I need to go Clorox me bwains.

And it's bittersweet. Because life's like that.... without the fairytale ending.

Meg Ryan, is, as usual, the queen of romantic comedies.

Here however, is the funniest thing I remembered from the movie:

Roebling: Behold, rising before you, the greatest erection on the continent... the greatest erection of the age... the greatest erection on the planet!

:P

And this, is cool:
Roebling: Time. Time, it has been proposed, is the fourth dimension. And yet, for mortal man, time has no dimension at all. We are like horses with blinders, seeing only what lies before us. Forever guessing the future and fabricating the past.

But oh.. it's supposed to be romantic, so here is some mushymushy stuff:

On the sadness of The Myth:
Kate: I'm not very good with men.
Leopold: Perhaps you haven't found the right one.
Kate: Maybe. Or, uh... maybe that whole love thing is just a grown-up version of Santa Claus; just a myth we've been fed since childhood. So, we keep buying magazines, joining clubs, and doing therapy and watching movies with hit pop songs played over love montages all in a pathetic attempt to explain why our love Santa keeps getting caught in the chimney.

*sniffs sniffs* I can so identify.....

On finding The Rainbow:
Kate: And... it's a great thing to get what you want. It's a really good thing unless what you thought you wanted wasn't really what you wanted... because what you really wanted you couldn't imagine or you didn't think it was possible but what if someone came along who knew exactly what you wanted without asking- they just knew... like they could hear your heart beating or listen to your thoughts and what if they were sure of themselves and they didn't have to take a poll and they loved you... but you hesitated and I... uh... I have to go... I'm sorry but... I have to go!

Bah.... :P I need to go rest my eyes... after lusting after the very suave, very handsome, totally screwable, men-arent-made-like-this-anymore Hugh Jackman.

No comments: