Monday, May 11, 2009

Hope

Perhaps there's hope yet.

The unexpected turn of events in the Land of the Pomelo and Pomelo Girls surprise me.

Which is worrisome, in a way. Have we come to such a low level of disconsolate apathy, despair and cynicism that when the law actually did the right thing, we're surprised?

It does shine a tiny sliver of hope, though... and given the recent events in the country, in my work, and in my life... a little bit of hope is much cause of rejoicing.

Although, at the back of my mind... as usual, out of sheer habit, is very, very wary.

And that's worrisome too... have I built such a wall around myself and my mind that I can't throw caution to the wind and rejoice with no-holds-barred?

I wish I were 16 again... and I could revel in such a manner.

Well, let's hope and pray for the state of the nation.

Things may get ugly henceforth.

Then again, nothing in life worth having comes easy.

No comments: