Monday, May 11, 2009

Looking Glass

I bring it all to the arena - mud-slinging and all. You hide behind your pain and swipe when no one's looking.

We deal with conflict and communication differently.

Does that drive a wedge?

I can't promise that it's never gonna rain. I know for a fact that we would be getting typhoons and torrential downpours from time to time.

All I can promise is that if I'm committed, come hell or high water, I'll stand by you. Despite the typhoons. Despite the downpours. Despite the blazing heat.

My concern is whether you share the same level of commitment. Would you stay true, or would you run to others' waiting arms or have a Scott Summers - Emma Frost thing the moment the tide waters come crashing to the shore?

Because you know you wouldn't be able to live with that thought either.... knowing that you're dispensable to the one person that matters.

Between two people... all the pinnacles of your life matters more with the other person around. He's the person you want beside you when your dreams come true, he's the person you want to hold when the hopes come crashing down.

But when you see the expectations you share with him explodes in your face in smithereens... what then? 

And that's the million dollar question only you can answer.

No comments: