Monday, December 04, 2006

Fairydust and Birthday Wishes...

Fairydust and Birthday Wishes...

This is a blog on nothing, and on everything. Fragmented thoughts, loosely linked together by strands of associated ideas. This is the result of sleepless nights, of daydreams, of meditation, of the subconscious self, of floating on clouds, of fairydust...

Boredom. It has become my middle name. I blogged on December 1, but I changed my mind about posting it up. Too... personal. Strange how so much emotion can be expressed in so little words. Hmm...

I think I should start writing again. I wonder what happened to my short stories. Probably decomposing in some dumpsite somewhere. I regret not keeping them. Might have been interesting to read about what the me of a decade ago thought and felt, and see if anything has changed since then :)

Don't you think that: People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, and then repent? I find myself doing that, more times than I'd like to admit.

I'm quick-tempered. I've an out-of-whack guydar. Must be compensating for my right-on-the-spot gaydar :P I'm a stubborn, moralistic, arrogant, unrelenting, elitist biatch. Mmm... and I make mistakes I really don't fancy analysing too deeply, and yet I should, and I know I should. Methinks I need a psychiatrist.

Dont you think, too, that: The old heart needs to get itself broken a few times to learn how to love? My friend, A the boy (of the double As (:P)) said on Thursday that in most cases, men get more stable with every consequent relationship, whereas women get more jaded and cynical. I don't really know about that. I wonder what others would say about that statement?

I've wondered, and I wonder still: Is there such a thing as a love immunity?

Where's the love? 6 billion people in the world probably wants to know. It's everywhere. And yet it's as elusive and illusive as fairydust.

Written somewhere in Old Saint Paul's Church, Baltimore is this: ...Everywhere life is full of heroism.... Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is perennial as the grass... Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness... Strive to be happy.

:) I will most certainly try. I've the whole of the Desiderata pasted up on my wall for reaffirmation every day anyway :P I need all the help I can get.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVI!!! One year older, one year wiser, one year of experience and maturity to garner your strength from :) And one year of gorgeousness. Plenty more to go! Some women age with grace and beauty :) You, darling, is one of them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thanks dida! truth be told i had a rather shitty bday due to stingy shitty people (hence my one liner about insincerity). france ws nice tho :)

Anonymous said...

wer is d love? i nid d love. all you need is love. :)
-bren

nemesis-on-fire said...

lol. np, davi :)

bren, so do i :P

Curio said...

{Don't you think that: People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, and then repent? I find myself doing that, more times than I'd like to admit.}

Hit the nail on the head.

Men (boys) do not get more stable. They reckon since girls cant be what they want (since their expectations r out of whack) they will 'pretend to be what the girls think they want' so that they continue to get what they want, which is action. Get it? Eventually, some do grow up (we are talking E V E N T U A L L Y), many never do, but think they do, then they get an affair n screws up their lives and their loved ones lives. women, it could be they get more jaded and cynical, but they r also clearer about what they want, they don't waste time with immature or emotionally unprepared guys and they become stronger n better at protecting themselves. some call this jaded.

best wishes to you, and this x-mas, hope everyone gets some love!

nemesis-on-fire said...

curio: wow!!! a dude finally admitting that :) well, i hope i'd learn to tell the wheat from the chaff, but i still want my fairydust on occasion :)

see, there's a difference, i've learnt, between:

-being called a 'princess'
-being treated like a 'princess'
-being given the chance to be treated like a 'princess' when n how i want it

the best, of course, is the last. so yeah, it'd be nice to be occasionally swept off my feet.

best wishes to u too! :)