Friday, February 16, 2007

slow day and my thoughts

slow day and my thoughts

I'm sleepy. Stayed out quite late two nights in a row.

Spent Valentine's at Nirwana's chatting till almost two 'cos we were on an interesting topic, and we forgot the time.

I found that my thought processes are so much more masculine/ cold/ practical/ different then most of my female peers at this stage. And yet it saves me a lot more heartache than if I didn't think that way. The problem is always when I allow someone to cross from one compartment where I've placed them to another.

Yumchar yesterday and talked nonsense till late. :D Nice, but I had trouble waking up this morning. Tried another route to work today. Slightly faster, i.e. can have a bit more of my precious sleep :)

Bought two flowy, loosely-fitting, slinky, 3/4-sleeved, geometrically-patterned cotton dresses yesterday. And a pair of cotton pants that are so comfy :) Why is it that I always end up spending money when I'm unhappy? And frustrated? And alone? I've been binge-ing on chocolate as well. Sighs.

Not that the dresses aren't lovely. They are. But but but... I wanna buy new bra and knickers. And lingerie. And shoes. I need to throw out a lot of my old ones and buy a pair that I can use everyday and that can last. Dammit. I need money for that. I don't need two pair of dresses that make me look and feel very sexy, but which I might not be using as often.

I hate the feeling of losing control. Especially of giving in to temptation. There's a word for it. It's called L-U-S-T. The purchase of those dresses is the embodiment of lust in its purest form: I want. I get.

I is a very bad gurl....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dun worry mate, i know exactly how u feel!!! like all ur shoes that u cud use when u were at uni now all seem impractical when u start work!!

plus, work clothes. pooh dun get me started. when i first started work, everything was in primary colours so that I could mix and match with my eyes closed!!! hahahhaha!!!

now, plenty of colour la. but my work slacks i tend to alternate between three pairs. i pretty much wear 2 pairs of slacks a week.

ask bren!! i think she has a working clothes shopping spree as well :)

Bren said...

shhh..don't tel anyone..but..i've sometimes gone through the whole week wearing only ONE pair of pants.

i understand the buying-dresses-that-aren't-so-practical impulse. i've done one or two myself. i still haven't worn some of them yet and they are more than a year old! but i am a stronger woman now..when i like them but don't need them, i just hold myself back from even trying them out in the fitting room. worked lots of times for me, might work for u too. :)

nemesis-on-fire said...

precisely, girls.

here's the best part, though. i didn't even try 'em on. i'm one of those ppl who knows if it fits before it fits. especially when it comes to certain materials. and it fits. like a glove. and it looks great. and it's a dress, and i'm lazy. slip it on and go. i like. but.... sighs...

best thing for me is just to NOT go OUT at ALL...