Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Words in My Head

She speaks as though she spoke the words in my own head.

I suppose it takes a certain amount of a certain type of experience to be able to know how it truly feels like....Thank you, stranger.

I Hear You..

I learned early this morning that,
When what you really want is clear and apparent to you,
You will go out to achieve it, inevitably - especially,
When success is almost there; but not quite,
The hunger of want drives you into action.

I also learned that happiness is my own responsibility,
Pushed independence and lack of empathy only pushes me away,
Neither here or there,
Like words unsaid is not necessarily buried or explained,
Evolving into strange thoughts in my head.

Pain only hardens my heart,
Silence doesn't mean it's solved,
Loneliness and all things bittersweet make me my own,
When waiting is the hardest thing,
Isolation where there should be oneness.

I also learned that familiarity makes one feel more at home,
Though experience should never be compared,
Cause matters of the heart is always complicated:
It takes years to build a strong foundation,
One word to bring it all crashing down.

External wounds close up, sometimes leaving a scar,
Internal wounds cuts deep, leaving a hole,
Only time can tell, only time can heal,
Give, give, give until you are the desert,
Give because the taking doesn't seem to stop.

But when you give freely, you shouldn't expect,
Even when you shouldn't, it is only human,
If not an ear, a grace giving heart?
Wisdom to understand? To be on common ground at least?
Compromise maybe?

To love or not to love,
To guard protectively or let go,
To be silly and young, because it keeps you alive,
Bite your tongue to save a few,
Spew justifications to etch your own.

I wish to listen without emotion,
Cause only then I really hear you,
Without condemnation, hurling of hurts,
Without solutions, just being there, just sharing the intimacy,
A place to vent, cry, lean on, be comforted and be filled with hope....

If I can't.... God can.

No comments: