Friday, July 17, 2009

Inevitable Dissonance

What do you look forward to daily?

For me, it was to get on the phone and talk to you.

Because for me, what's the point of being part of two, if I don't look forward to seeing/ speaking to you at the end of each day?

Yet I find that harder and harder to do as the days go by.

I remember once, many moons ago, when you told me that you looked forward to waking up in the morning to talk to me, and the end of each day, to talk to me, too.

I guess.... those were feelings of first bloom.

I wonder when we'd end up being strangers to each other, without us realising that it's already happened....?

I wonder how many twosomes end up drifting apart from one another without realising it, and one day, just waking up to find out that you no longer know the person you're with, who's right next to you... and you wonder if you love them, or you're just too tired of getting back in the game.

I think that's sad. And yet, nowadays I wonder if for some, sometimes that's inevitable.

No comments: