Saturday, January 31, 2009

I thought I was completely unromantic...

But perhaps my idea of romanticism is just different from others... and harder for a man to provide.

E.g.
1. Taking a blood test to make sure you're healthy and clean because you consider my health too.
2. Spending time with me everyday because you want to.
3. Learning how to cook my favourite dishes and then cooking dinner for me because you're sweet like that.
4. Taking time off just to walk with me from time to time. Or waking up early to watch the sunrise with me. Or the sunset.
5. Buying me or planting my favourite flowers just because I love them.

I guess my type of romanticism takes real effort and an in-depth knowledge of who I am, and so it's harder to give. It's not just a mindless case of buying me soft toys, or chocolates, or flowers, or expensive gifts. I don't buy that. Any man can buy me things, but only someone who actually makes the effort to know this sometimes reticent woman would actually know the things that I like. Someone who actually listens to me when I make my passing remarks about liking that flower, or loving this dish. It's hard, I know. But when that man comes along, I'll know he's worth it.

I guess I need to know my lover actually SEES me... not just looks at me, but sees me with his soul. 

And the stability and security of knowing that he understands me, if not fully, then partially.

My demons. They haunt me. I hate the loneliness they bring when I know I need to still my soul and fight them alone.

"Loneliness: the clearest of crystal insight into your own soul, it's the fear of one's own self that haunts the lonely." 

"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for."

~Keith Haynie~

I'm praying really hard.

What caused this introspection?




Your Love Number is 4



You are a creative and expressive lover - a true romantic at heart.

An introspective soul, you know exactly how your ideal relationship should be.

But if you don't get that ideal, you tend to get a bit pouty and dramatic.

You need someone who can roll with the punches, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we have similar expectations of romance :) stupid chocolates and cute soft toys are really dumb, but funnily enough many women still buy that sort of cheap and thoughtless show of romance.

Maybe we just need to be dumber :D