Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Cold/ Numb

Yeah, I lost myself along the way.

I was foolish.

Now though, all I feel is cold. Numb. No anger. Though he thought that was what I feel. None at all. No despondency. No despair. All I feel is icy brittle coldness. So cold it burns. 

I was afraid to reach this point. It's the point of no return.

Too bad you had to get me here. You should've sat down with me and talk out our differences with me when I begged you to earlier. When I felt us slipping through our fingers and going down the drain.

But you were so afraid of fights, you bashed my ego up instead. Break me down. Turn me into someone I was not: whiny, afraid, even clingy. And I was foolish. I let you. Fuck me.

So now, I've gotta start over. Break me down. Forget about you. Forget about the nightmare that happened by the beach, your name wiped out by the vast, vast sea.

Go back to where I was. So the cold, cold numbness. It's necessary. All you had to do was admit it was partly your fault, too. Too bad that King of the Mountain Ego couldn't let you.

Coldness. Didn't think it'd happen to you, but I guess it finally did.

No comments: