Tuesday, September 12, 2006

clash of orthodoxies

Clash of Orthodoxies

I fear I am suffering a clash of orthodoxies. Refer to http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/006/32.44.html if you don't know what I mean. It's a long article, mind you. Basically, I am saying I fear I am smack in the middle of a cultural divide. It's like being Chinese and brought up English-educated. That kind of thing. ARGHHH....

Been doing way too much thinking lately :) I suppose you could also say I've been struggling with personal inner demons. I googled some Christian traditions thing and found this:

I must say I should be glad I'm still Catholic, though I have to disagree with certain questions and answers. I think it's kinda short-sighted and stereotypical. But anyways, here goes:

Your results for "Christian Traditions Selector"
URL: http://SelectSmart.com/plus/select.php?url=denomtradition
Send your comments to Pete, the creator of this selector.

Percent Rank Item
(100%) 1: Roman Catholic
(97%) 2: Lutheran
(94%) 3: Eastern Orthodox
(82%) 4: Anglican/Episcopal/Church of England
(79%) 5: Methodist/Wesleyan/Nazarene
(67%) 6: Congregational/United Church of Christ
(67%) 7: Presbyterian/Reformed
(61%) 8: Church of Christ/Campbellite
(55%) 9: Baptist (Reformed/Particular/Calvinistic)
(52%) 10: Anabaptist (Mennonite/Quaker etc.)
(52%) 11: Pentecostal/Charismatic/Assemblies of God
(29%) 12: Baptist (non-Calvinistic)/Plymouth Brethren/Fundamentalist
(23%) 13: Seventh-Day Adventist


This was probably a better test:

You scored as Roman Catholic. You are Roman Catholic. Church tradition and ecclesial authority are hugely important, and the most important part of worship for you is mass. As the Mother of God, Mary is important in your theology, and as the communion of saints includes the living and the dead, you can also ask the saints to intercede for you.

Roman Catholic

79%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

68%

Neo orthodox

64%

Classical Liberal

54%

Emergent/Postmodern

54%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

43%

Modern Liberal

43%

Fundamentalist

29%

Reformed Evangelical

21%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

:p Then again, I hardly made an A... where does that leave me? Sighs...

4 comments:

Bren said...

tried d first question n gave up..too much thinkg and soul searching.hehe

nemesis-on-fire said...

hehehe.... yeah, it requires too much of u, doesn't it? :P

Anonymous said...

why let others tell you what you are when you already know yourself?

nemesis-on-fire said...

berds: for fun :p