Sunday, September 10, 2006

Long Post

Long Post

On emotions and my mind

Was missing friends terribly on Friday night. There's just a strange sort of comfort in just sitting down with a good friend, and being comfortable with the silence, and the company. The type of company that need no words to clarify the relationship. We'd be equally comfortable talking about nonsense, sense, or not talking at all.

Been privately going through some shitty phase. But it's all slowly unravelling now. :) I believe everything happens for a reason, and I trust that God will make all things right in the end, even if I can't see it now. Goes to show how much we can plan, but ultimately it's God's plan. Cosmic forces bringing people together. Cosmic forces pulling people apart. And we don't see it, because we don't know it.

But I'm thankful that for those in the know, they've tried to cheer me up and help me out. THAT just goes to show how much of a social animal I am, how I can't be a recluse, and how much I need positive people in my life just to put a smile on my face when I'm having a bad day.

On another note, I really do believe in Nemesis. That no one person would have it all. That there has to be some form of check and balance. That if something good really comes my way, I must give something back (to society, or whatever). Just as if something bad comes my way, something good will come out of it. Gives new meaning to the phrase: No pain, No gain.

On my education

On this note, I overstepped some borders. But I had to. Getting really annoyed with how the system works. Getting really frustrated too. And in order to leave this place a.s.a.p, I have to take things in my own hands and work them as I go along. Obstetrics scanning is a HUGE part of ultrasonography. I cannot NOT do well in it. I hope all that's well, end's well.

I've just discovered (well, all of us did) that we'd have to re-do all of our case studies due to some technical issues. Say it with me, people: F-U-C-K-!-! Apparently, we can't use post-processing to obtain the images that we want, because it's supposed to be a test of our skills. Well, thank you very much for not telling us that earlier. We can't edit out pictures, we can't rearrange them either. In other words, they all need to be re-done. :( Who wants to volunteer to be my case study? But then, most of my friends are probably healthy, and I do need some pathology. Sighs.... Another one to leave in God's hands. But I'll do what I can.

'Rob Thomas' left on Friday. :) Oh he was a bright light in a black hole :p Will miss his funny, interesting, sly yet astute way of teaching. He's a fantastic teacher. And having teachers as parents, I'm saying that objectively. Not because I am partial to his personality :p Will also miss his gorgeous photography, his boyish charm and his impish grin. And yeah, his 1000-MegaWatts lightbulb smile. Oh, did I mention he has a dimple on his left cheek when he smiles? One hell of a cutiepie, that one. Lucky fiance... :) One of the girls said she should get someone to seduce the fiance so she can guiltlessly seduce him. LOL! He made an impact, alright. And I've got really cute coursemates :)

CAM-WHORES, wait, ya! ;)

On a happy note for all my cam-whoring bloggerder-pals, me is borrowing a digicam, so pictures are coming up soon. If they're blurry, don't blame me, I've got no skills in photography whatsoever :p

Finale to a long post :p

I'm HUNGWYYYY!!!! Where are those people who were supposed to take me for brunch? :p Oh... her boboi woke up late.... >:) If I knew, I should have woken up late, too!! :p

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi dida dear.

don't worry. you've written longer posts. :)

it's one of those perspicacious (like davi's new blog name) moments la dida. and i can tell you that it's not a phase... they come in pulses... and they make us stronger and wiser each time around.

yeah, what a bummer with your case studies. i actually wouldn't have minded to volunteer as your case study... :)

bummer too on rob thomas' departure... nm lor... something to fantasize about... eheheh... btw, when will you finish your course? is it a postgrad course?

ok, will expect pics next post! you can up the iso if you scared your pics not clear!

Bren said...

CAM WHORES U-NIIIIIIIIITTEEE!! whoo-hoo!!

nemesis-on-fire said...

shay:
:p ermmm yeah.... i have a tendency to RANT :p hehe...

haha.. yep, i seem to be getting perspicacious pulses lately :p especially about ppl, n myself :)

I KNOW!!! they shoulda told us early!! :) if u come to kl, maybe u could :p but i doubt u're coming anytime soon! i dunno about u, but i find it kinda fun to see the insides of my organs :p yeah yeah, i know, i'm weird :p

:D nahhh.... i just thought he's cute. he's not actually very handsome. he HAS a brilliant smile, though. n he's really a very good lecturer. he's a really good photographer, too. being one, i think u'd really appreciate that :)

yeah, it's post-grad. i completed my degree in microbiology in 2004. saw no future in biotech line for me in malaysia :p i hope i don't get ISA-ed for saying that, but really, if u look at it, it's true, despite the PM's good intentions, Msia just isn't prepared to be an R&D hub for biotech yet. but that's another post. one that'd never get published :p

hoping to finish by november. pray that i pass!! i've got a 5-yr plan. hoping i'd achieve it :) too private to blog about. funny how i rant about men and being lonely, but they don't feature in the 5-yr plan... hmmm... mentioned it now cos a friend asked, and brought it to light.

hmmm what's ISO?

nemesis-on-fire said...

bren n shay: WAIT LA!! sik sabar-sabar, ya?

Anonymous said...

sharon: i chose the word cos one of the meanings was 'observant' haha, didn't know what u were tokking about until i googled it up and realised one of its other meanings is 'keen insight.' whoa, more than i bargained for but is good :)

dida: i admire the fact that u have a 5 yr plan. i used to have a 5 yr plan, but that was 3 years ago? u have made me realise that I need to come up with another 5 yr plan! but truthfully, my 5 yr plans never go as smoothly as planned, cos life happens, shit happens.

i was always under the impression that u were doing a masters? or is it phd? never doubted u could do it, but i understand in msia it takes a long time.

dammit, start cam-whoring already!!! :) i is waiting!

yeah always gud to have smth to look at :) e.g. cute doctors are a huge plus to any hospital. sadly, the male species of the aforementioned occupation are sadly lacking in the aesthetics department :( god is fair: he made them smart but ugly. But it isn't fair to me! i want eye candy!

Bren said...

ooo..learned a new word today.
pers-pi-ca-cious.
how superfragalisticexpeliadociuos.
my word contribution to these mildly intellectual comments is fri-vo-lous.
my head hurting from bulging inbox and damn slow server.can we pls hv mo mind candy??
FRI-VO-LOUS. :))

Anonymous said...

*throws barbequed lamb at dida's forehead*

Sharon said...

sorry lar, my boboi abit of a pig..

nemesis-on-fire said...

girls: wait la, i need to get digicam from dkat :p

pig: hey, dude... i know u got secret crush on me, but i really do not want to smell like bbq... i is scared of ants.... ok? ;)

dk: yeah i knows :p ehehe...

Anonymous said...

actually iso is simply put, the cam's sensitivity to light. so if you take pictures in low light condition, like indoors, (and also in my experience for moving subjects) then pic may turn out blurry or shaky... so by upping the iso, you can have better shots... but i guess depends on the cam too lo.

Anonymous said...

and oh ya dida, will kep you in my prayers... sure you'll do well in your studies!