Sunday, September 17, 2006

Short stories :)

Short stories :)

Here are some short updates/ stories for my adoring fans :P Ok, ok, don't vomit blood yet :)

I think I am a weirdo magnet :P Case in point:
1. Sometimes, mamaks bend over backwards to serve me drinks, etc., etc. And no, I didn't notice it, a guy friend of mine pointed it out to me. (And I'm not exactly famous or very pretty, you know? :) Ya lah, I don't look like a horse (Thank heaven! But not like I'm gorgeous, or even very pretty :) I'm just your average Jane)
2. The guards at my new apartment know me and call me 'lenglui' (me: ????!!!!) And my very-meanie, sarcastic, 'rabid' 'friend' (heh heh heh, ok lah. we fwen fwen lah) was the one who told me. A couple of days back, as I was walking to college and passing the guard house, I said my usual hello and waved at them.
The fair young one (I dunno his name :P) called out to me: Lenglui!! And so I stopped in my tracks and turned back: Apa? (What?)
Guard: You hati-hati masa jalan kaki, ah? Saya tak nak apa-apa berlaku pada you... (You be careful while walking, ah? I don't want anything happening to you....)
Me (terpana kaget seketika, kemudian tertawa kecil) (stunned for a minute, then laughed softly): Ohh!! Ok...
Then I smiled and continued walking. Hmmm... I found it a bit odd, but maybe he is just a nice boy :) But isn't he a sweet one? :) Sometimes, people can be so nice!! :D
*
I witnessed the right-side shunting of a bilateral pleural effusion on a 35-weeks-old foetus. Wow... that was a little bit scary. Poor baby's lungs were so compressed. If the shunting wasn't done, the baby would have had little chance of survival. But it was fascinating to watch. It took less than 30 minutes, and in the next 30, the foetal lungs re-expanded quite dramatically. I am hoping the hypoplasia is reversible. Foetal heart had some pericardial effusion as well, and the foetus was hydropic. The skin thickening was about 2cm, which was quite bad. I'm wondering why the mother had not gone for karyotyping, considering she was 38 years-old. It makes me want to get married, get laid and have babies FAST :P You know, biological clock going tick-tock-tick-tock!!
*
Met Sheahnee for the first time yesterday. We had a girly day out. Funny how we've both heard so much about each other, but only met in person yesterday!! I must say, she's a lovely, lovely person! And she looks way prettier in person than on TV :P She says TV adds 10 pounds to a person, and makes the features look a lot smaller than they really are... EEEEKKKK!!! I don't ever wanna go on TV then! She has the loveliest, translucent skin (ME IS SO VERY THE JEALOUS!!) and speaks with a very cute, rather clipped accent. Hehe... And oh! I like her voice! Although she was a bit sick, poor girl! And how the hell she manages to look so coiffed and well-put-together is beyond me!! :P Perfect hair, perfect make-up... AIYOOOO.... I look like a boy next to her (no offence to boys, ya? :) I honestly prefer the freedom to look a mess, sometimes :)) She is, at present, driving the new Satria Neo!! And it's a sweet ride. Very quiet, much spacier than the regular Satria, and the seats are not as low. I think it's longer and wider, too. But already, the central-locking is fucked, and my bet is that the power windows are going to be fucked within the next 2 months MAX. Biasa-lerr.... you know, I know :)

Went into a stainless steel shop in 1-U to look for Sheahnee's nose ring, and I was getting fascinated over some chunky, rocker-chick-like pendants (you know the type? Scorpions, dragons, pentagons and the sort) and then I spotted something that looked like an armadillo to me (segmented scales). And I thought: Hey, cool!! Armadillo!! And it's move-able, too!! So I opened the drawer, reached in, and lifted the 'tail' to have a look. It flipped the other way, and on the bottom, was a loosely shaped w (imagine it in cursive writing, without the two sharp bottom edges of the w, more like 2 'u's) with a depression in between. And the 'tail' upon being flipped backwards, had a larger triangle on the 1st piece of scale, and here I had the biggest shock ever.... I turned scarlet. I SWEAR it looked like the head of a penis, and it even had a 'frenulum'. Yep, it sure looked like a silver, move-able penis. NOT a phallic-lookalike thingamajig, but a p-e-n-i-s! And it moves!! 180 degrees!! Mother of God! Holy Cow!! I flipped it back down just to be sure, and it really did look like an armadillo. Then I flipped it back up, and there it was again. I took in a sharp breath, then called Sharon over to have a look. When I repeated the movement for her to see, she went, 'Oh my God!' and started laughing. I showed it to Sheahnee too, and her expression and words echoed Sharon's. It was hilarious! All three of us, stumbled, laughing uncontrollably out of the shop and down the escalator. I think we should have taken a picture of the pendant. There are times when I really want a camera! Sharon just had to go: 'Trust Dida to find stuff like that!' ..... WHAT?!

The things one finds in 1-U. Before that, we had passed the Arena shop selling swimsuits, and I was just thinking what a lovely pink halter bikini was on display, and when my eyes scanned downwards to see how the bikini bottom looked like, I realised that some joker had pulled the bikini bottom down past the hips, and showing the mannequin's pubes. !!!!! Yeah, like one of the girls laughingly said: At least they haven't got one of the hands down there!!

Alrighteyyy, ppl. Back to my books. Gonna watch You, Me and Dupree later with the rabid boy, his petite, cute, occasionally very violent, but sometimes very sweet girlfriend (if she likes you! :D), and the lovely Sheahnee.

Expect sporadic posts in the next month or so :)

9 comments:

savante said...

You must be pretty hot lah. Why else would the idiots start trailing behind ya :)

Bren said...

she is SIZZLIN'!

nemesis-on-fire said...

paul: lol! thank you! u're very sweet :) but i don't think so!

bren: *smack* don't make me blush... what, with my acne? siao ar?

Bren said...

but ur acne gone now wat...o at least not as bad as it once was.

nemesis-on-fire said...

:( it's aaaaallllll coming back to me noooowwwwww.............

i suspect i have no other choice but to go on OCs

Bren said...

hahahha...welcome to my boat, my fren.am already on OCPs.

Bren said...

thot u might lk to know:
"The drug: Diane-35, which contains ethinylestradiol (35 µg) and cyproterone acetate (2 mg), provides effective birth control but is not indicated as such.4 Cyproterone acetate has anti-androgen effects resulting in part from its blockade of androgen receptors, and Diane-35 is approved only as therapy for androgen-sensitive skin conditions, including hirsutism and severe acne unresponsive to oral antibiotic therapy.4 Treatment with Diane-35 should be discontinued 3–4 menstrual cycles after a woman's skin condition has resolved.4,5 Warnings to minimize a woman's exposure to the drug result in part from the association with venous thromboembolic disease."
source:canadian medical association (http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/168/4/455)

nemesis-on-fire said...

bren: thank u. i already knew that :P why u think i dowan to go on OCs?? gynae suggested i try yasmin though. and my friends on yasmin have GLOWY skin...... thiiiuuuuuuu.............. :P they used to have bad acne to boot. but of course, their OCs are double-pronged :D

Bren said...

sigh...can we jus get a skin transplant then?
o mayb jus hv sex o b a surrogate mother...
bugger.