Thursday, September 07, 2006

questions

Questions

Had an episode of menstrual cramps today that sent me green-faced to the hospital in cold sweat. Poor Anne was totally freaked out. And so was Albert, his parents, and her sister. Guess they've never seen anything like it. :( Haven't had a spell of that in more than a year. The last time that happened, I passed out in the office toilet for half an hour. Anne said I almost fainted when I got there. Maybe I did, cos I couldn't recall.

Anyways, I ended up with a jab in my butt, and it's too painful for me to be sitting or sleeping on my right side now :p Jo said it was a huge-ass needle :p Sighs... I wonder if that's a taste of how childbirth is like?

Anne said when I was getting slightly better I was yelling: I WISH I WERE A MAN!! SOMEBODY YANK OUT MY UTERUS AND THROW IT AWAY!!!! *gulp... shy...* The things that come out of my mouth :p

Several questions I have in mind, due to some interesting things some of my friends say:

1. Would people in relationships consider relationships as commitment or voluntary enslavement?

2. Are we writing blogposts for our own writing pleasure, or for the pleasure of our readers? Which is more important for us as bloggers?

3. Is it important for us to suck up to people of power, even if it goes against all our beliefs and our principles? When do we throw in the towel, and tell them to fuck off?

4. When do you know when someone is playing you for a fool?

5. Is it wrong to use oratory skills to sway one's readers/ listeners? Lots of people have been doing it for years. JFK, Martin Luther King. And became famous for it.

6. Is the power of one enough to make a change in this world? Personally, I think we all play a part, and at least the power of one can make enough w-a-v-e-s to make people take notice, but I may be wrong.

7. Have we, humankind, as a civilisation, reached a peak, that we're now slowly regressing? Everything's a cycle, but are we now going backwards, more than we are going forward?

8. Are women being taken for a ride? Are we better off than our 1960s predecessors, or are we now being covertly made a fool of? How can we sit around and take the accusations of having a career as being the source of rising divorce rates?

9. Why IS there rising divorce rates despite the fact that the world is a global village now, and there's so much more choice? Is it a matter of religion, or upbringing, or culture, or attitude? What?

10. What IS real life?

11. Why is individualism so scorned? Why is being utterly lemming-ly normal so prized?

I think I've done enough thinking for now. I want answers, but I doubt I will get them. Maybe my smart friends (and I'm not being sarcastic here :p genuine compliment) can help a pissed-tired girl out.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tried answering your questions. come visit my blog! too long to post here. wah, i like this semi-exercise of the brain.

Anonymous said...

oh no, peer pressure... ok, i answer them on blog too. but dida dear, don't think too much ok...

have you ever tried ultrascanning yourself... don't want to scare you or what... just see got fibroids or not...

Bren said...

dida...OOOWWW...i feel ur pain, i know exactly how it wud've felt altho i was never on the verge of passing out...that's y ALWAYS ALWAYS hv painkillers wif u. no pads, can stil use tissue paper n wat not...but no painkillers.. *scared*

anyways,i wanted to post some pics on my blog last nite but internet was giving me a hard time.see u guys on my blog soon! :)

Sharon said...

poor poor dida! I'm going to take a leaf from the others and answer ur questions on MY blog.. muahahaha

hmm on second hard, ur questions very hard la.. lazy to think.. forget it!

nemesis-on-fire said...

sharon: HAHAHA, i've scanned myself many times :p i've got a retroverted uterus, but from the size itself, no fibroids or what not. retroverted uterus harder to scan :p

bren: i had painkillers with me. in fact, i had taken 2 ponstans the moment i felt the pain coming on. but still, it came. sighs.... bren, post up again!! ;)

yerdeh: will go read.

nemesis-on-fire said...

dk: lol... it's ok lah. i was just musing :)

Anonymous said...

dida; ive said it before ...OCs! sorry, i got carried away with your questions I neglected ur periods pains! :( my friend has a friend who has the same problem as you, well perhaps a little different: she bleeds 3 weeks in a row and has terrible cramps. the fact that she is a sprinter makes it very very inconvenient. she's been on OCs (Triphasic if im not mistaken). HOWEVER, she recently experienced a sudden onset of numbness down one side of the body...which freaked her out. I said to see a doctor, but I don't know what the outcome of it was.

Anonymous said...

hey, when i posted the answers on my blog for u to read i didn't mean it in a bad way yah? not like come visit my blog or anything. just that my answers were long! if u see the entry u'll understand why! :)

savante said...

Ouch. menstrual cramps. Taking your hot water bottle, painkillers and chocolate?

paul

nemesis-on-fire said...

yerdeh: :p i go to ur blog all the time anyways, not like u need to advertise to ME. haha.... u guys are my daily dose of entertainment :p

paul: HI!! :D so u found ur way to me blog :) yeah, ouch... i just came back from dinner with my friends (who were there) and other friends (who weren't there) and they were saying they shoulda taken a pic of my green face :p just to convince those who weren't there. hehe...

:) yes to the first two. but the NSAIDs strangely didn't work for me then. i had to be given a jab in my butt =( which still hurts! and the effect came approx. half an hour later. what do they use, muscle relaxants? it was a big needle! :p

i like only dark choccies ;) which are expensive! and makes me fat. hehe... but i couldn't resist it today :)

Anonymous said...

suggested answer to...
1. enslaving commitment
2. ego stroking own pleasure
3. when you can get away with it
4. when you are not playing them
5. whatever works
6. Christ is 1
7. we are doing the hokey-pokey
8. take it lying down then
9. because unions are no longer made in heaven
10. what you make of it
11. who scorns it

More fun than answering surveys. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

1. a lil of both depending on the situation and the ppl involved.

2. a masterfully written piece with no readers serves no purpose. a piece which panders to the lowest common denominator serves no higher purpose either. it is up to each individual writer to decide which path he/she should take.

3. there is sucking up and there is protocol. knowing the line that separates the two is important.

4. instinct.

5. no.

6. one person can get others moving.

7. evolution has no limits. the peak is completely socio-psychological in origin.

8. there are more women in university than there are men. sexism exists both ways, don't always look at it from only one point of view.

9. people live longer.

10. living your life how you see fit in this world and not preparing yourself for the next when you haven't even experience life in this one. what makes you so sure there is a next life to begin preparing for in the first place?

11. it's easier to follow others.