Sunday, December 28, 2008

My first clubbing up North

After more than a year regularly coming up here, I finally went clubbing up North :P Ironically enough, with my brother and his fiance... and it's not their cup of tea.... she wanted to show me the sights and sounds of the place, though. Which was sweet of her :D 

We were very early... and so we walked along that short street... which was already by then, filling up too quickly with beautiful people dressed to see and be seen :P Then we came across a club that appeared to be the most happening place there tonight... and no wonder! The famed Lapsap were in town. 

WELL!! INTERESTING! Then... everything at RM5... WELL!! Hmmm.... And... if you enter now, it's free entrance.. and you get freebies! Oh yeah? OK! :P

I'm a cheapskate... and a shameless sucker for freebies :P

In I went... Well, the music was SOLID, as expected from Lapsap. Haven't clubbed to music like this for a long time.

But the crowd!! :( Sighs... methinks people from there want face a lil too much. Afraid to make a fool of themselves or something. Go lah and fill the dance floor! When I left, the pace was picking up really well, but still no one on the dance floor. The ex was there with his friends. Strange, we never clubbed together all this one year. And when we break up, we end up in the same clubbing place. How ironic. But anyway, he said people started filling up the dance floor around 1-ish... X( Alamaks... dance for only 1 1/2 hours?

I miss the old gang of clubbing boys then. My old clubbing kakis have all dispersed elsewhere. Sunil, Sanjeet, Thata, Moan, Meghan, Kiran, Anand, Owen. And random friends of Sunil :P Damn. The days of going out to town, then supper later. And how I remembered one time they decided to go to a part of town famous for their transvestite prostitutes. In a Benz. Nuts. 4 guys in the car. And me. Suicidal. I cowered in my seat. HAHAHAHA. Cos they started crowding round. HAHAHAHAHA! :) Good times.

Sometimes the girl would tag along too. Although since if it's this bunch, they would likely not be clubbing to R&B, so psycho would not join, and the girl may or may not come along, depending on her mood. Me? When I was free, I'd dance to most anything :) And I guess it's always nice having one or two girls around :P Makes a bunch of guys look cooler! Heh.

I hear Sunil may be coming back in town, so we'll see if we'll relive those single glory days! :P

No comments: