Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Much Too Much

Much Too Much

Sunday, 14.01.2007. 1537 hours.

I'm Daddy's Little Girl. My Daddy loves me. Much too much. I want to tell him that he shouldn't.

That his baby girl is no angel.

That all his protectiveness has gone to waste.

That ever since I've crossed the South China Sea in a plane, I've never been the same. I'm no longer the wide-eyed innocent naivete I was. Far from it. I now look at the world with cynical eyes.

That there are things that I've heard, things that I've seen, things that I've done, things that I'm doing now that he'd be disappointed with and ashamed of.

He shouldn't love me that much.

It's much too much.

Somebody tell me: When does much become too much?

I don't know. I can't tell. I can't stop.

Somebody show me where the boundary is? Shouldn't there be one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dads are still dads. They will be forever protective of their kids, especially daughters.

There is no right or wrong in the amount of love they shower on you. and there's no such thing as he shoudnt be loving you so much. but, he should learn to trust in you, that you are an adult now and have the discernment of what is right and wrong.

we all have come this far to see the world with cynism. some cynism but with a positive mentality is good.
:)

Anonymous said...

Agree with Sapphire. Cynicism is needed for survival in this dog eat dog world.