Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Random Thoughts on a Sunday Evening.

Random Thoughts on a Sunday Evening.

Sunday, 21.01.2007. 2113 hours.

I'm sitting here in The Curve having my dinner and people watching.

There's so much to be said about someone from their movements, their mannerisms and the way that they dress.

Are they just strolling along, or is there a purpose to their stride? Is that couple there in their first few months, or have they just had a quarrel?

That family having their dinner opposite me is likely to be upper middle class, rather affluent, living in the Damansara area and is English educated. Parents probably married in their late 20s/ early 30s and went to university overseas. Probably met there, as well.

Yeah, I love people watching. Social psychology and behavioural science fascinates me.

An old couple in their 70s just walked/ hobbled past me, talking and holding hands. I smile.

Isn't it sweet to still be so in love even after political/ social upheavals, economic depressions, wars, civil unrest, redevelopment, inflation, children, retirement, menopause, life crises and grandchildren?

I was tempted to ask what their secret was. To still be so happy together in the winter of their years. TO know if they knew they'd be there for each other when they just met. Many young people ought to know what the secret to keeping love like that alive is. Myself included.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude i love people watching too :) who says appearances aren't important? They give so much away...

The Angry Medic said...

You feel that way too? An old couple still in love is, to me, the sweetest thing in the world. It gives me hope that "for all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, the world is still a beautiful place". And that there's a mate for everyone on the planet.

Even for you. So hang in there :)

nemesis-on-fire said...

yerdeh: yup, precisely.

angry medic: :) yah, i feel that way. :P errr... u quoting me now? shouldn't u be studying rather than reading my rants? hehe...